Monday, November 5, 2012

Chocolate Hazelnut Tarts


I sort of got in the swing of things with vegan MoFo. I spent almost everyday that I had off baking numerous things to document throughout the week. With that sort of obligation gone, I am a little afraid that I will let the month slip away too quickly without blogging. I decided to remedy this by giving myself another theme for the month, something I am really passionate about, chocolate. So while there won't be 25 posts about chocolate, I am hoping to get a solid handful in. Before I know it Thanksgiving will be here and I will be knee deep in pies at the bakery and come home only to collapse into my warm bed.

leaves and flours vegan chocolate hazelnut tarts

Chocolate Hazelnut Tarts
makes six 4" tarts

1 batch of shortbread tart dough from Vegan Pie in the Sky
1 batch of dark chocolate orange custard from Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats*
1 cup of toasted hazelnuts, chopped

Make the tart shells. While they are cooling, make the custard. Pour into shells and allow to cool for 2 hours. Top with chopped hazelnuts and serve cooled. These also make really great parfaits. I will probably make this custard repeatedly with different flavorings and mix-ins!
* I omitted the orange from the custard and added 2 teaspoons of hazelnut extract. You don't need this, but it does add to the depth of the flavor

leaves and flours vegan chocolate hazelnut tarts

3 comments:

  1. I feel as if I just died and went to Vegan Sweets Heaven! :9<3333333333333
    This will definitely be added to my favorites.


    VegCourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.This looks so delicious. I am in love

    ReplyDelete